Featured Job Postings in the Los Angeles Area, San Diego area
STALA provides these listings as a service to our members and the community. We do not endorse any of these listings.
Have a job to post? Email the listing to email@example.com and we will post the listing if it is approved.
Russell Investment Services –
Located in Seattle, this Russell Associate will be responsible for Global Equity transactions with a specific focus on EMEA Equity, and potential rotation staffing to cover Asia-Pacific Equity Markets and America’s as needed. This associate will be a key member of a team responsible for providing global equity execution to the Russell Funds, multiple Investment Managers, Portfolio Trades, Transition Events, Fundings, Overlay Programs, Execution Services Clients and Commission Management Clients, with a specific focus on trading EMEA Markets in live hours.
They will be trading equities globally and will be responsible for implementing advanced trading strategies that conform to Russell’s best execution guidelines. This position will operate with a great degree of autonomy and work closely with the various member of the global equity trading team, and regional teams. This person will continue to develop our best execution through demonstrable pre-trade and post-trade analysis, our trading capabilities in terms of systems and execution venues, and our overall product offering. This includes development of order management systems, trading systems, and analysis systems responsible for this measurement.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
· Trading – Will be part of the team efficiently executing a broad array of equity trading strategies, from global trading mandates to more focused mandates.
· Strategy development and implementation of trading. – Working with team and using risk models, optimization systems and other trading analytic systems. Research implementation costs associated with various strategies and implement the most cost-effective strategy.
· Communication. Effectively interact and communicate with members of Russell Implementation Services, Clients, External Investment Managers, Portfolio Mangers, and others in the investment community to create efficiencies with regard to the continued development of the high-speed/low-latency environment.
· Risk Management and Best Practices. Interact with numerous clients, investment managers/portfolio managers and execute program and/or single line transactions, specifically focused in the fixed income space. Continue to learn and implement the established best practice procedures to ensure trading strategies conform to Russell’s best execution guidelines. Interface with various accounting systems and operate multiple market facing execution technologies.
· Work with team on execution analysis and monitoring techniques and deliverables that satisfy the requirements of Russell’s Best Execution guideline.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related area required; advanced degree and CFA a plus.
· 1-2+ years of trading experience in the brokerage/trading industry.
· Knowledge of International and Domestic OTC and Listed Market Equity place.
· Ability to understand and work with multiple complex trading system configurations.
· Experience working with the institutional finance community.
· Detailed knowledge of global market structure and evolution.
· Detailed oriented & excellent problem solving skills.
· Series 7, 55, 66 licenses.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Highly proficient with multiple PC software including securities-related applications (portfolio accounting, trade order management, trading platforms, FIX connectivity).
· Ability and willingness to function in a stressful, technological environment with minimal instruction or supervision.
· Driven self starter looking to take on new responsibilities in a challenging environment.
To apply: https://russellinvestments.com/us/careers/search-jobs
We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package including: medical, vision and dental coverage, profit sharing retirement plan, sabbatical leave, and tuition assistance. Most importantly, Russell offers a work environment where respect for the individual and teamwork are part of our fundamental values. Russell supports workforce diversity and we are an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer.